Community Outreach Events are open to all levels of students unless specified. Each private teacher may enter as many students as they like, not to exceed a maximum of 10-min performance time (per teaching studio) unless additional time is available. In the case of over flow, students will be placed on a waiting list. Music does not have to be memorized. Photocopies are NOT permitted.
Students who are interested in assisting at Community Outreach Events can submit the Community Outreach Application.
Please note the rules
• All students are required to wear semi-formal attire for the recitals. Boys must wear ties, dress shirts (short or long sleeves), dress pants and dress or dress-casual shoes (no athletic shoes). Girls must wear dressy dresses or skirts and blouses. Skirts and dresses should be no more than two inches above the knee. Dresses and blouse tops should have at least a three-inch shoulder strap. Tops must cover the midriff area. Pant outfits should be semi-formal—not jeans. All teachers are encouraged to check with their students to make sure that their dress is appropriate. Costumes are allowed only with the approval of the teacher when it is necessary for the performance.
• A student may only play one piece per recital. Students may memorize their music, but it is not a requirement for Community Outreach events.
• Performing popular music is encouraged at Community Outreach events, however all styles are acceptable. Teachers are required to list the movement name and number on the entry form.
• Maximum playing time for each studio is 10 minutes.
• Students must arrive at the recital location 15 minutes prior to the recital.
Contact the Community Outreach Chair if you have any questions.